Pages

Thursday, August 26

Well, hello there.

I believe it's time for me to dust out the cobwebs, and get to writing again. Even if it isn't much. I needs me to get some practicin' done, dawgs!

So, I've decided that I'm going to try and spit out a few words about whatever once a day.

Today, I will talk about some things that have been happening lately.

Well, I'm back in Springfield, and have been for a few months. It's been utter hell here. This town is soul-crushing, and equipped with a very low glass ceiling. I've been working my ass off to make it up to Chicago to go to school for animation. I'm bound and determined to show the world the awe-inspiring visions in my head that make me laugh, make me cry, scare me, amuse me, and warm my heart. I've had some offsets on my path to Chicago, but I'm not going to give up. The world needs to see what I have to offer for them, so in the meantime I'm teaching myself all I can with the books that I have at my disposal about animation, story writing, drawing, adobe illustrator and photoshop, and flash. On top of that I'm taking in some other light reading such as Lamb, Sherlock Holmes, Downtown Owl, and Metamorphasis.

I've been doing a lot of heavy reading lately, and less gaming. I recently finished Buddhism: Plain & Simple by Steve Hagen which was recommended to me by a good friend. I must say, I've gleamed quite a bit from that book. It's really made me listen and look at my mind, behavior, and actions. It's made me observe and think more about myself before acting or reacting to situations. It's given me a calmer output and insightful look on life.

Well, I'll write more later. I'm going to head to the park and do some reading before it gets too dark, and I miss out on some of this great weather.

XoXo ~ 3kalberoni and sausage pizza

No comments: