Pages

Wednesday, December 3

A Titanic Illness

Welp, I'm sick again, and that means I'm back on my diet of juice, soup, and ever-gargling with salt water. I was starting to think I had diabetes for a moment there, because it runs rampant in my family, and it's only a matter of time. However, mi madre came over and tested my blood sugar and blood pressure. They both check out. So, now my option is either I've somehow magically contracted the HIVy or I'm akin to Mr. Glass except with diseases. I was thinking the kids could call me The Bug Collector.

In other news the tickets for Cinematic Titanic came in. I'm scheduled to see them on the 20th of this month at the Lakeshore Theater in Chi-town. There is a bit of a problem though. My friend, Ian, now can not go for reasons beyond his control. Now I have a proposition to all of you. If anyone is interested in going with us the ticket is $45. Don't worry I won't charge you with gas fees. At the moment we're pretty flexible on whether or not we're crashing someplace in Chicago. It all depends on the party members' work schedules the following day. Now, if you are a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 I would highly recommend this. Cinematic Titanic is the original cast and crew from the first iteration of the show. That is Joel Hodgson (MST3K creator and Joel Robinson), Josh "Elvis" Weinstein (Tom Servo & Dr. Erhardt), Frank Conniff (TV's Frank), Trace Beaulieu (Crow & Dr. Forrester), and Mary Jo Pehl (Pearl Forrester) all get together and riff on a movie live. This is quite honestly a once in a lifetime show. They've only done it a few times, and who knows how long their touring days will last. For more information check out the CINEMATIC TITANIC website. Well, if you're interested get a hold of me!

No comments: