Pages

Tuesday, November 23

Remote Control

Okay gang it's TV time!

Do you watch TV? Have you thought about venturing into the ever-expanding world of televised programming? Well, I've got a small list of shows for you to LOOK into. ;-)

NOTE: I'm only including shows that are currently airing new episodes. The list would be far too long for me to include shows of all time. At least for now

In order from good to great... (I keep my lists like I keep my clothes; without shit on them)

Honorable Mention: Mad Men
Fringe
Burn Notice

The Walking Dead
Archer
Ugly Americans

Doctor Who
The Simpsons
Futurama
Breaking Bad
Metalocalypse
Dexter

Treme
Louie
The Venture Bros



This list was a bit of a bitch to compose, but I believe I have it in the order I want.

NOTE: I know everyone says it's good, but I don't watch Mad Men. Which is why I gave it an honorable mention.

Thoughts on my #1:

Honestly, if you have not been watching The Venture Bros, stop that! Start watching it now. This is some of the tightest and wittiest writing I've seen since Arrested Development. If you're putting off this show because it's a cartoon AND it's on [adult swim], stop that! Get over yourself, and grow up. Cartoons always have been AND always will be fun and cool. It makes any story immediately accessible to anyone. Plus, with a focus on pop culture and an always winding, criss-crossing plotline you'll get lost in it faster than Scooby Doo & Shaggy in an abandoned house. This show never lets me down, and always reinforces my decision to pursue a career in animation.


Thank you
Eric Arthur "Doc" Hammer
and
Christopher "Jackson Publick" McCulloch


If you think I'm excluding a show that you love let me know.
I'd love to hear your thoughts as well.
However, be prepared to back up your claims!

No comments: