Pages

Sunday, November 21

Some Sunday Music Before Monday

Today I stumbled upon a handful of great music videos. Some I've seen before, some are new to me. However, they are all great. I just want to share the greatness of these videos with you, gentle reader.

Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry...

I don't know where I've been, but I feel like I missed this band at the party. She kept standing in the background, and I noticed her. However, every time I got close to her she was gone. I'm absolutely loving you, Cold War Kids. Don't ever leave me again. xOxO 4ever

P.S. I just heard and instantly fell in love with "Saint John". I'm tingles all over.



Best Coast - When I'm With You...

If you haven't heard this album you are doing yourself a disservice to your life. It's heartbreaking and uplifting all at the same time. Plus this video has a very recognizable pop icon having a lot of fun.


Free Energy - Free Energy...

Not only is the energy free, but there's so much of it. If their music doesn't pump you up and lift up your heart then you have no soul.

Other recommended listening: Andrew W. K. and The Go! Team

Kasabian - Club Foot...

I've never actively sought to listen to Kasabian, but my friend recommended this song to me. After hearing it I realized that this song, is not only frenetic and blood-pumping, but it's been everywhere. Especially sports games and the other things macho. The video is superb! I love the mood the song sets for the video, and when it's paired with the black & white tones it only intensifies the despair of the situation.

Other recommended listening: I feel Ocean Colour Scene's "Hundred Mile High City" is a perfect mix of "Club Foot" and Cold War Kids' "Hang Me up To Dry"


The White Stripes - Walking With A Ghost...

So, I had no idea that The White Stripes covered Tegan & Sara's "Walking With A Ghost". I have to say, I like The White Stripes version better. Plus! I really enjoy the music video, and from what I've been learning at school lately, that entire video seems within my grasp of animation production. That makes me happy.

No comments: