Pages

Saturday, November 4

Hate Groups?


Tolerance.org has a very informative map of all the active chapters of Hate Groups as of 2005. Groups ranging from Ku Klux Klan, Racists Skinheads, Neo-Nazis, Black Seperatists, Jewish Defense Leagues, and many many more are identified by location.

California comes in the highest with a total of 52 active Hate Groups and Florida is nipping at its heels with 50.

Illinois comes in at 22, and as of 2k5 had a practicing chapter of the KKK in Springfield. Whether they are still active, I don't know.

Where does your hate stand?


More...
U.S. Map of Hate Groups

4 comments:

Patrick W. Rollens said...

One more comment about Gears of War...the mood of the game strikes me as heavily inspired by a Warhammer 40,000 storyline involving a hive-mind race of insectlike creatures (think Alien meets the Zerg from Starcraft) that lay waste to entire planets. The trailer perfectly captures the essence of some of Warhammer 40k's short stories on the topic...dying cities, last-ditch defense, prisoners press-ganged into combat battalions. Good stuff.

In fact (and I'm absolutely branding myself as a nerd here) I wrote some fanfic six or so years ago about that segment of the Warhammer 40k universe. Check it out if you'd like:
http://www.geocities.com/warhammerkingdom/cow.html

Anonymous said...

I hate hate. A lot. =)

3kalb said...

Thanks, anonymous.

I hate anyone that reads through an entire post and doesn't leave me some feedback. One word would suffice. Come on. Is that too much to ask?

~ xoxo, 3kalb

Greg "Danger" Klein said...

Hate-free in New Mexico, fooligans. There's a surprise.

So I guess those charitable organizations like MS 13, the Crips, and the Bloods don't count. Awesome.