Pages

Thursday, September 9

Blake Detherage's Day Off

Today's Day Off started just like any other one....

*wavy lines and wash out*


I pretended to be sick. I had come down with Oh... I don't know, let's say schoolislame-itis, and was coughing and wheezing. My mom came to take my temperature. As she stepped away I put the thermometer against the eco-friendly compact florescent light bulb. They aren't nearly as hot as filament bulbs, but it still did the trick; just barely. Then when she went to check my palms I licked them while hacking up a viscous lung biscuit to give them that authentic clammy fever feel. She was hooked. She called into the school, and off to work she went.

The day is mine!

*fade to now*

I just had the traditional day off breakfast of eggs over easy and toast along with a cup of coffee, juice, water, and fruit while sitting in my underwear. Every time I eat eggs over easy with hot sauce I think of Dexter. While eating I used my eyes to take in some music videos ala Pitchfork. I took in about three of them, and they are as follows.

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Bottled in Cork
Surfer Blood - Floating Vibes
Titus Andronicus - A More Perfect Union

TL&P - BiC...
Simply amazing. I've loved Ted Leo ever since I was first exposed to him in Hearts of Oak. And like a fine cheese he just gets better with age. Not only is his music still fun and rockin', but his video has dragged in guests with names like Paul F. Thompkins, John Hodgman, and Julie Klausner. The video also features a theatrical parody of Green Day's American Idiot.

SB - FV...
When I watch this all that comes to mind is Anchorman. Good or bad, it's the truth. It's a fun video, and the music is good too. I'm no fancy schmancy music critter or anything, but that there is music I could skip to. The video is filtered through an old VHS cassette that has been recorded over more times than the tape I used to record old episodes of COPS. It displays a parody collection of vintage vignettes from the VHS era in front of a green screen... or probably a blue screen. If they want to keep it real, that is.

TA - AMPU...
This song should be the anthem for Narnia. Not only do first impressions of this video make me think of that time I transported through that damned wardrobe, but the frontman resembles Mr. Tummus. Seriously, where are we on nominating this as Narnia's anthem?

Now let's look at today's docket...

Shower
Toilet text
Deposit money
Send packages
Register for classes
Set up apartment meetings
Print off GBV tickets and forms for prescription refund
Assign dentist through BcBs website
Lunch
Futurama
Work out & Run
Shower
Toilet text
Read
Sketch
Carlos O'Karaoke
Drinks
Late night Guitar w/ Ian @ Hotel Lobby

Now everyone get out your official Blake Detherage's Day Off Bingo cards which you can pick up at your local Frito Lay's display stand, and keep your looking balls posted to my twitter @ 3kalb. I'll be updating through out the day, and recapping tonight.

Winners will be announced WHENEVER!

No comments: