Pages

Monday, September 4

Crikey!


So Steve Irwin died over the weekend. Yeah. Stung in the chest by a stingray. I think my title says it all.

However, even in death Stevey can still effect us. In fact, many australian news websites experienced such a tremendous traffic spike because of readers looking to find out more about Steve's death that they actually had to switch their sites to low-bandwidth use only just to handle all of the traffic. Sites which had to switch to low-bandwidth included Abc.net.au, NineMSN.com.au, and News.com.au.

R.I.P. Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin. May your afterlife be filled with less stingrays, and plenty of crocs.



More...
Crikey! Crocodile Hunter News Devours Bandwidth @ Computerworld

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, Crystal, and I heard about the news of Mr. Erwin on the radio this morning... I thought they said Steve Urkel died. Then I pondered why they wouldn't say Jaleel White. Then I realized that I was just being a hungover douche bag.

Wow... that was a waste of time =)

3kalb said...

A wonderful waste of time, dear.