Pages

Sunday, September 17

Do The La La La La....

Ok, so I have a problem. A BIG problem. As we all know Halloweenie is quickly approaching (44 days and counting). Here's the deal, I don't have a costume... or even an idea for a costume. Ok, I take that back. I have a couple of ideas.

1) Randal Graves - the wise-cracking, people-hating Clerk from the infamous film of the same name.

The problem is I would need a Dante because Randal is great, but he isn't anything without a Dante to counterbalance his cynicysm. The only person I can think of to be my Dante is brother, Bryan (a.k.a. Annoyed Llama). He has the perfect facial hair for it. Although he is taller than me, I'm not looking for an absolute imitation. It's all about style and attitude. No one would even notice that the faux Randal is shorter than the faux Dante if the costumes look good and the key to a good costume is 20% clothing and 80% attitude.

B) Nathan Explosion - the lead singer from the most brutal metal band ever, Dethklok.

Again, it's a group a group costume thing so I would need a Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Toki Wartooth, William Murderface, and a Pickles to accompany me. Now, Evan and I have talked about how incredible a Metaloclypse group costume would be, and he would love to be Murderface. Now all we need are the other three. Any takers? Evan mentioned something about getting Ian in as Pickles, but he's all the way in Carbondale.

III) I've also always wanted to go as The Prince from the popular PS2 game, Katamari Damacy. The only complication with that costume is getting the material, and setting aside the time to make it. I'm also pretty lazy sometimes. I really need a smack in the ass to do anything sometimes.

My problem is this, if those ideas fall through what could I go as? So, I thought I would ask the most creative people I know, the E204 readers, for some help. If I end up going as one of your suggestions I will send you some photos of myself all up in my garb.

Thanks for reading, and I can't wait to hear your suggestions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see. First of all, I think that mister. hotdog picture would have been really funny if there was someone dressed up as a bun and then someone dressed up as a hotdog. Think of the fun those two crazy kids could have.

I was also thinking Bryan would work just dandily as a Dante. OH, the prince... that would be the silliest costume.

I'll let you know if anything funky fresh comes to my brain pan.

3kalb said...

Thank ya, dear. Keep those juices flowin'.