Pages

Monday, November 3

Girl Talking about Vote Riffing

So, as we all know tomorrow is Election Day. GO VOTE!

Now, that I've said that let us move on. I'm sure that some of you out there have heard of the greatest television show ever made, Mystery Science Theater 3000. Well, As some of you also know Michael J. Nelson has been continuing the tradition with Rifftrax, and Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbet have been gathering for The Film Crew. I'm huge fans of both. Well, thanks to my friend Evan unearthing rumors of MST3K performing live at St. Louis, I've discovered Cinematic Titanic. Cinematic Titanic is the original cast of MST3K; Joel Hodgson (creator/Joel), Josh Weinstein (Tom Servo/Dr. Erhardt), Trace Beaulieu (Crow/Dr. Forrester), Frank Conniff (TV's Frank), and Mary Jo Pehl (Pearl Forrester). It's just like MST3K. They rip on great old classics. Don't worry they tackle yet another Roger Corman film. Anywhoozle, the great thing about Cinematic Titanic is that they do their shows live and sell them on DVD. I don't think the live shows are the ones sold, but they perform their DVD's live. Yeah, the latter sounds better. Let's go with that. If anyone is interested they are going to be at the Lakeshore Theater in Chicago, IL from 12/18 to 12/20. You can definitely expect me at one of the shows. Either on the 18th or the 20th. All ticket info can be found on their website.


In other news it's New Muzak Monday! Now, for those reading this on blogger I still haven't looked at working the kinks out of the music player so you can find me on myspace @ http://www.myspace.com/3kalb. Well, if you don't know Girl Talk is playing at The Canopy Club in Champaign on Wednesday. As of now it's a sold out show. Sorry, folks. However, I will be there getting spun. To celebrate I'm going to add an excerpt from his new album (Feed The Animals) "Hands In The Air". Dig on it, and wish you could make it to the show.

No comments: